- Why should you take Ms. Gupta's Classes?
I am a knowlegeable and passionate teacher, who has helped many students build strong foundation of chemistry for success in high school and beyond over my 20 years of teaching. I have effectively engaged students in the learning of chemistry through rich, innovative and relevant curriculum. My belief is that a stronger foundation yields a sustained learning of chemistry for the future. My students have represented U.S. in the International Chemistry Olympiad and have won many awards for my outstanding teaching including National Geographic Fellow and Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
I find that the true gift as a teacher is to meet individual learner needs. In addition, I have been actively engaged in professional learning community as a writer, presenter and steering committee member. Click here for more information about me.
- What courses are offered by Mrs. Gupta?
There is only two courses offered in the summer of 2018.
1. SAT II Chemistry Summer Course SAT II Chemistry Test Prep helps build a solid foundation in first year chemistry and prepares students for SAT II chemistry subject test. Upto 3 hrs/week of homework is required for a successful experience in this class. Classes will meet on M, W, Fr from 9 am-12 pm at the Union Church on Stevens Creek (Opposite Whole Foods) from July 9 till Aug 3. Limited spots, registration closes April 13th. Click here for more info/sign up. Recommended for learners who learn best in face-to-face instruction. 2. Chemistry SAT II Online Course: You will have access to the online teaching modules along with worksheets and practice test for three months from the date of sign up. You will need to take additional practice tests using Barron's guide. You do not need to attend classes since you will have the material available virtually. Recommended for independent learners.
- How does Ms. Gupta's SAT II Chem class compare to the other options?
Comparison of SAT II Chem Prep Options
Gupta Chem Other Test Prep Self Help Free Diagnostic Exam y y y Peer Support during Prep y n ? # of Practice Exams 8 3-6 ? Face-to-Face Instruction Time 24 plus hrs ? - Years of experience of Teacher 19 ? - Course taught by Credentialed Teacher y ? - Expertise in SAT II Chemistry problems y ? - Access to online recorded lectures and problem sets in addition to face-to-face classes for 24/7 access and self pacing y ? - Individualized support from a FB Group y ? -
- What is a learning 'module' for SAT II Chemistry class and how are they structured?
Entire SAT II curriculum is divided into 8 learning modules. Each learning module consists of customized screencasts (recorded lectures), powerpoint presentations, problem sets, reasoning questions on a specific topic. Students have 24/7 online access to these modules in addition to 24 hours of face-to-face instruction. Here is a Sample Learning Module. Upto 3 hours of homework per week should be expected for Basics of Chemistry and SAT II Chemistry prep classes. Chemistry for All and Turbo session has no homework.
- How do I sign up for the course?